- Something Old, Something New
- Course Correction
- Where does uranium come from?
- In Memoriam: Melissa Trifiletti
- Town and Gown
- The enduring legacy of Libby Coy-Lawrence
- A Wealth of Health
- Sciences, You’re Coming Home
- Man Behind the Plan
- Marching Band jazzed about new stadium
- Bricks and Brides
- 17th Annual Diversity Symposium in September
- High-fashion caftans on display
- Researchers prove dancing is good for your brain
- Stadium Sessions
- Rams Write
- Early early career researcher
- Class Notes & In Memoriam
- Congratulations to the Best Teachers of 2017
- Breaking ground on ground-breaking institute
- Boettcher, baker, legacy maker
- Close to the game
- Popular Science
- CSU fingerprints all over successful alumnus
- Perennial Home
- Bringing the Buzz on Game Day
- B is for Better
- Good for what ales you: Old Aggie Lager on tap
VP for Enrollment and Access passes away
Melissa Trifiletti, CSU’s Vice President for Enrollment and Access, died Sunday following a fierce battle against cancer. She was just 48, but she had a remarkably large impact in her relatively short life.
Trifiletti was named vice president in April following a search to replace Robin Brown, who retired in June. Although she arrived on campus just three years ago, she had a profound and lasting impact on CSU as director of admissions. Under her leadership, CSU has recorded consecutive years of record enrollment and recruited the most diverse classes of incoming freshmen and transfer students in its history – all at a time when other universities struggled with declining enrollment.
A memorial service will be held in her hometown of Lorain, Ohio, in the coming weeks. A campus memorial will be announced at a later date.
A memorial fund to plant a tree and place a bench on campus honoring Trifiletti’s work has also been established at CSU; you can donate online.