- CSU receives $12 million for water sustainability
- CSU Going All Hollywood This Year
- Johnson Foundation Provides $10 Million to Make Equine Hospital a Reality
- Moments & Memories
- Partners In Learning and Discovery: Semester at Sea and CSU
- Building Up
- Lori Peek Studies Superstorm Sandy After-Effects
- Education in the Information Age
- Engaging Students Where They Live
- Documenting Innovation
- A Rare Vintage
- Thinking Globally Comes Naturally to Double Alumnus
- She Was Mrs. CSU
- Dr. Ibrahim Al-Assaf Receives Honorary Doctorate
- Record-Breaking Fundraising Game Changer for CSU
- Leslie Jones Found Her Funny at CSU
- The Green Standard
- STUDENT SUCCESS: Rethinking How We Teach
- 2015 Best Teacher Award Winners
- Class Notes
- Reframing the Conversation Around Interpersonal Violence
Rashard “Hollywood” Higgins burst on the scene last season for the Colorado State University Rams, putting together a memorable season while establishing himself as one of the nation’s finest receivers.
This year, CSU’s athletic communications department is going the extra mile to make sure the entire country knows about the talented Ram, launching a first-of-its-kind campaign to promote Higgins, his team and his university to media and fans.
The campaign, which includes the website – www.csurams.com/hollywoodhiggins/ – dedicated to the personable and dynamic junior, debuted prior to the season and is designed to promote Higgins for major national awards – including the Heisman Trophy, college football’s greatest individual prize.
Last year, Higgins became the first CSU sophomore to earn consensus All-American honors. He led the nation in receiving yards (1,750) and touchdowns (17), and was one of three finalists for the Fred Biletnikoff Award, given to the nation’s best receiver. He helped the Rams to their first 10-win season in more than a decade, and already has been named preseason Mountain West offensive player of the year.
The campaign will continue throughout the season. Among the media promotions is a package of microwave popcorn with the phrase, “Hollywood Performances Are Best Enjoyed with Popcorn.”